Assess options to integrate distributed energy storage and evaluate the associated benefits and cost.
- Alliant Energy will design and install solar photovoltaic technologies and energy storage at its Madison, Wis., campus. The team has designed a dashboard to communicate the goals of the project to the public and expects to go live this year. Click here to view fact sheet
- Arizona Public Service Electric Company (APS) is working working closely on the preparation and field deployment of approximately 1500 residential solar + smart inverter systems on customer homes across seven distribution circuits in Arizona. The team will begin testing this year.
- Louisville Gas & Electric (LGE) is deploying and testing energy storage on the distribution system.
Update: LG&E/KU, EPRI to test battery technologies at E.W. Brown Generating Station
- Southern California Edison (SCE) will evaluate and quantify the impact of distributed energy storage systems under three scenarios.
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is evaluating and demonstrating the impact of distributed
energy storage on the grid.
- Hydro One is quantifying the impact of distributed energy storage systems if incorporated into its distribution system. Analysis will begin this year.
- Xcel Energy will install and evaluate the impact of distributed ES systems under different control schemes.